In Person and Online Networking

This week I attended the Higher Education Summit in St. Petersburg, Florida. This conference allows registrar and admissions personnel across the State University System and Florida College Systems to interact on policies, practices, and procedures related to higher education in Florida. Last year was my first time attending this conference, but this year I was happy to see that many of the connections I made were not forgotten!

This year, I was more intentional about in-person networking at this conference and realized how useful tools like LinkedIn are when it comes to networking. Because I only see this group once a year, it is sometimes difficult to stay up to date with the various staff across the different institutions. However, LinkedIn has been a wonderful way to stay connected virtually in between our in-person interactions. For example, through LinkedIn I can stay abreast of institutional endeavors, professional transitions, and personal accomplishments of these colleagues. As with every successful conference, it ended with a purse full of business cards, an inbox full of emails, and many new LinkedIn connection requests!

-SMT







Comments

Popular Posts