Padlet, I love you too.

One of our tools this week was quite familiar to me: our beloved Padlet. Much like Dr Dennen, I too love this tool! I first discovered Padlet when I worked at Tallahassee Community College (now Tallahassee State College!). My colleague would use Padlet to create a one-stop shop of resources for her students. Her Pads would have different themes- one for students intending to transfer to Florida State University and one for students planning to go to Florida A&M University. I, however, would use it as an adjunct instructor to help stimulate classroom discussion. Sometimes, in the courses I would teach, students would have difficulty engaging in class discussions. I taught SLS 1510- College Success. At the time, this course was a graduation requirement and the majority of students took it during their first semester in college. To help alleviate some concerns of speaking aloud, Padlet was a great way to encourage classroom discussion anonymously. As Dr. Dennen pointed out, though, there are so many ways you can use it beyond the classroom. If you have not gotten a chance to explore this tool, I highly recommend you do!

-SMT

Comments

Popular Posts